Leading multicultural and virtual teams
More organisations are working globally and virtually – this workshop covers how to lead virtual teams, adapt for differences in culture and improve impact
We measure the impact of the training through post-course evaluation, giving you confidence about the return on your investment. The relationships and learning community built between participants during the course fosters peer support, engagement and on-going personal development.
What to expect
- Understanding what culture is and how it impacts on the way we see ourselves and others
- Handling different cultures and working styles
- Understanding how differences can impact team performance (both positively and negatively)
- Remote working and communicating effectively when you can’t be there
- Managing team performance through remote coaching and giving effective feedback in difficult situations with global teams
- How to build team spirit
- Techniques for creating and maintaining trust
- Behaviours of effective multicultural teams
Participants will be able to:
Explore and answer the following questions, and commit to actions which will support their own approach to leadership:
- What are the particular challenges of leading a virtual team in an environment of cultural difference?
- Why is ‘difference’ so difficult for us?
- What is cultural difference, and why aren’t stereotypes helpful?
- How does cultural difference affect us and our virtual teams at work?
- What are the human needs at work that we can respect, globally?
- How can I relate effectively to all cultures, all of the time?
- How can I ensure that my leadership fully engages all of my virtual team across all of their cultures?
Other short courses you may be interested in
Discover our range of one-day solutions which focus on applying management and leadership theory to real-life work challenges and scenarios.