Dealing with ambiguity
Being comfortable and confident in times of ambiguity and uncertainty is a skill that will pay off many times over for leaders and managers. Dealing with change makes many uncomfortable – but there are tools, techniques and approaches you can use to become more confident when navigating the uncertain.
From learning about situations you can and can’t control to confident decision-making and effective communication, having a core toolkit for navigating the uncertain is an essential skill.
Navigating the uncertain is a 3-hour workshop that can be delivered virtually or face-to-face by an expert facilitator for a group of up to 16 participants.
Times of change can be difficult for leaders and their teams in equal measure. This workshop provides participants with an insight into their strengths and areas for development, as well as how to support their teams during uncertainty. Using real-life situations, participants discuss how they felt and their responses and what could be done differently in the future to get a better result.
We measure the impact of this workshop through an immediate evaluation, giving you confidence about the return on your investment. The relationships and learning community built between participants during the workshop fosters peer support, engagement and ongoing personal development.
What to expect
- Discovering strengths and areas for development against the core competencies needed to be effective in ambiguity
- Working with and understanding ‘The ambiguity toolkit’
- Understanding which situations can be controlled and which can’t, and how to act accordingly
- Understanding team and individual behaviours and how to work with them
- Exploring what communication approaches are productive when dealing with ambiguity
- Getting comfortable in taking decisions and moving on
- Creating a personal action plan to use for reference beyond the workshop
Participants will be able to
- Understand the causes of ambiguity and the normality of the feelings which can result
- Use a simple toolkit for creating confidence when their environment is ambiguous
- Understand how to move forward when paralysed in the face of uncertainty
- Gain self-awareness of their own responses when going through uncertain times
- Help their teams understand and manage ambiguous situations
Navigating the uncertain can be run either as a 3-hour virtual or face-to-face workshop for up to 16 participants.
This workshop can be extended to a full day (6 hours) by adding our 3-hour Live Lab.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would benefit from being decisive and confident during times of uncertainty and would also like clarification on their areas of strength and development.
The price for this workshop is GBP 2200 / EUR 2900 / USD 4000. Subject to a minimum volume.
Discover our range of one-day solutions which focus on applying management and leadership theory to real-life work challenges and scenarios.