Developing core presentation skills
Taking practical steps to improve your approach to presentations can mean more effective outcomes – so it’s worth investing in.
So how can you improve your presentation skills? From information gathering and planning a structure through to tips on how to deliver your message effectively and handle questions, The Oxford Group approach to presentations will boost your confidence and help handle any nerves.
Presenting with purpose is a 3-hour workshop that can be delivered virtually or face-to-face by an expert facilitator for a group of up to 16 participants.
This ready-to-run workshop provides a practical, step-by-step approach to effective presentations, covering all aspects of presenting in a business context. It builds both individual preparation and confidence as well as introducing tools, techniques and tips to make the most of your presenting opportunities.
We measure the impact of this workshop through an immediate evaluation, giving you confidence about the return on your investment. The relationships and learning community built between participants during the workshop fosters peer support, engagement and ongoing personal development.
What to expect
- Core presentation skills planning model
- Determining the objective
- Gathering relevant information
- Editing material
- Planning a structure
- Boosting your confidence, avoiding and managing nerves
- Handling questions effectively
- Generating interest and having an impact
- Tips for using MS PowerPoint and visual aids
- The power of rehearsal
- How to ensure your presentation has impact and is memorable
Participants will be able to
- Understand how to plan an engaging presentation, deciding on the content and format to use
- Deliver engaging presentations which convey information effectively and confidently manage an audience
- Build their confidence in their presentation skills that they can do it
- Practice their influencing skills when delivering, managing the audience, and creating buy-in
Presenting with purpose can be run either as a 3-hour virtual or face-to-face workshop for up to 16 participants.
This workshop can be extended to a full day (6 hours) by adding our 3-hour Live Lab.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to improve their presentation skills in a business context and build confidence so they’re ready to excel in their next presentation.
The price for this workshop is GBP 2200 / EUR 2900 / USD 4000. Subject to a minimum volume.
Discover our range of one-day solutions which focus on applying management and leadership theory to real-life work challenges and scenarios.